Monday, September 21, 2009

Canninng!















I hope I spelled that right. I have been canninng. Yes, me! Some people gave me some tomatoes, actually lots of them, and I turned some into chili tomatoes, and some into salsa. I was hoping to get some more and turn them into spaghetti tomatoes. I also have some pears to turn into tart pears and other things. It has been fun! Andrew got tired of me canninng so he was crying holding onto my skirt trying to pull up as I walked around and I picked him up, put him on the sink, I love this sink, and gave him a spoon. He sat there for about 30 minutes beating that spoon, laughing, talking, etc. All he wanted was to be part of the action! some of these pictures are soooo cute, I don't miss going to the professionals, I like some of these so much and I know they dont' have the faded and all that jazzy stuff they have but they are so him and what we were doing and less stress of being just right. I love them . . . it may be a long time before I go to another professional!


When Andrew was on the sink I was canning salsa. I had added WAY toooooo much spice and so I had to had about 3 times as many tomatoes to calm them down. So instead of 3 or 4 quarts of salsa, I now have 10!

1 comment:

  1. You need a teenager. We go through a gallon of salsa every month. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete