Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm becoming my mother!!!!

THey say the older you get the more like your parents you get . . . well, that has become true for me, (a little)! My mother had (probably still has, old habits are hard to kick and she seemed pretty attached to this one!) the habit of changing the funiture every other week it felt like. I think the worst was always when she would inform us that we were movign the ten mile high bookcases with 5oo plus books on them! I never had the urge to do that. I prefer to "nest" in a more expensive way and that is seasonally decorate. Now, I dont' go all out and spend hundreds of dollars, I don't even spend a hundred dollars but as I see things I add to my collections. Well, I finally had the urge . . . to move funiture. In every place we've lived my funiture was thought out and put where it stayed until we moved. One advantage I had was being able to see each house before we moved. This was not the case for this house. Joshua did a WONDERFUL job picking out the house but I didn't see it until after we moved in. I did something I said I would NEVER do, after months of being aggravated by a room, I moved it around, by myself, mom! I learned a lot from her. I can move a piano by myself! But yes, I done it, did it, got the t-shirt, literally I found a t-shirt I was missing as I reorganized and MOVED a room around!

No comments:

Post a Comment