Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Walls of Jericho

Wednesday Nights we have a time for the children of songs, games, snack, Bible story, etc. This week's lesson was about the walls of Jericho and how they came tumbling down. So I got boxes from the Post Office, (you can get as many as you want for free) and painted them, but as you can see, I ran out of spray paint so I only half painted them. I had the bottom layer of boxes rigged to strings. Then the children walked around the boxes very quietly 7 times and on the 7th time they gave a shout, I pulled the strings and the wall of Jericho came tumbling down!!!! Yeah! They loved the object so much that later at game time that's all they wanted to do was put the boxes up and knock them down again! It was great! Later we had "Edible Walls" and "Trumpets" aka marshmellows stacked together with chocolate frosting and bugle chips. The children loved it, my daughter has been talking about it for days!










Here they are showing you their strong muscles!









No comments:

Post a Comment